The environmental health program manager is expected to manage the delivery of high-performance environmental health service, implement, create and monitor environment strategies, reports and budget, training and development and perform other duties within the capacity, qualification and experience normally expected from a person occupying position at this classification. The environmental health program manager will manage, develop, coordinate and facilitate the ministry’s health, safety and environmental policies and audit requirements on a national level.
Main Duties and Outcomes:
- Leading and fostering a culture of continual environmental improvement across all RMI through a day to day environmental focus effective leadership of environmental priorities.
- Giving high priority to environmental policy compliance and delivering on the corporate environmental plan and goals.
- Taking a proactive approach and facilitating a program that ensures there remains a strong agency focus on continuous improvement in environmental management practices and that an individual commitment and awareness of environmental sustainability is visual around the community.
- Advising managers on the appropriate disposal of waste in an economical and environmentally friendly manner, the reduction of landfill and emissions, the efficient use of energy and the elimination of unnecessary packaging and the use of environmentally friendly packaging materials.
- Contributes to and/or manages special projects as identified by the supervisor, ensuring project outcomes are achieved or progress on track in accordance with department plan.
- Manage, coordinate and facilitate the ministry’s health, safety and environmental policies and audit requirements on a national level.
- Safe guarding the ministry’s reputation and protecting management from liability by ensuring appropriate focus is maintained on environmental, and health and safety issues.
- Establish polices and regulations for programs under the EHU.
- Monitoring key environmental issues and impacts and effectively ensuring that the MOHHS management are kept informed of incidents or issues.
- Ensuring that MOH HS compiles with all applicable environmental standards and performance and legislative requirements.
- Analyses any program processes to identify problems and opportunities for developing strategies for environmental improvement.
- Developing a national Environmental Health & Safety strategy designed to position the ministry at the forefront of Environmental Protection Agency in RMI.
- Actively contributing to the development and Implementation of overall department strategies.
- Monitoring compliance with MOH HS policy and assisting managers to develop and sustain a safe an environmentally sustainable work place.
- The preparation and approval of an environmental annual plan and reporting.
- Provides monthly report to supervisor and all reports are completed in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy.
- Leading the development and delivery of health and safety training and certification and providing proactive advice to managers on training providers.
- Liaising with our technical teams to ensure that we identify and minimize the potential environmental risks from our products and operations.
- Working with EPA, MAWC other relevant agencies and managers to ensure that we pursue a materials strategy based on the principals of reduce, reuse, and recycle.
- Attends meetings as directed by supervisor.
Inquiries/Application: For interested applicants, please submit your resume to the Chief of Staff-Ebeye Hospital for assessment at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Any inquiries related to this vacancy can also be directed to the Chief of Staff-Ebeye Hospital.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled